SAQA IL/WI

Studio Art Quilt Associates

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kasia

Greetings! My name is Kasia (pronounced: kaa sha). I am a comtemporary fiber artist born and raised the oldest of seven siblings in the Midwest. I attempt to live by the philosophy of God first, Family second, and Career third, sometimes struggling to keep the balance. I married and spent a lifetime building a loving family. Our son and daughter, together with their spouses have given us four beautiful grandchildren who are the light of my life. I currently reside in Delafield, WI with my husband of forty years. We are entering a new stage of life with his “retirement” lurking in the not too distant future.




Having been taught the basic sewing techniques by my mother at a very young age, my sewing machine has always been a trusted friend and an important part of my life. At one point, I worked in a quilt store where I taught garment construction and wearable art technique classes. Subsequently, while attending a quilt festival, the idea of sewing as art came into my awarness. I then found the opportunity to take classes with artist/teacher David Walker who had a profound effect on my self esteem and a fiber artist was born. I believe that rich colors have an energy that heals the inner spirit. I also believe that my technical ability to work with fabric and thread is a gift. Inspiration comes from the muse who works with the color, texture, and sheen of unusual fabrics and shiny metallic threads as each piece evolves on its own.



LoveLights© emerged from a deep longing to share my gifts after surviving a critical illness. Inspiration revealed that “Colorful Art lifts the Spirit!” and I began to notice circles (mandalas) everywhere I looked. Over the course of the past decade, I have experimented with style, fabric, color, and technique while studying Mandalas, (a Sanskrit word that simpy means circle) to develope my “voice” as an artist. Names and words dance in circular moton in personalized, illuminated mandalas that I call ‘LoveLights’©. You may view a portion of my portfolio at: www.KasiasStudio.com. It is my prayer that you will be blessed by the work of my hands.



The excitement is building for the upcoming, 'Kasia's LoveLights' exhibit. Opening night gala is Friday, June 18th, 6-8pm. The Envision Gallery is located inside Flourish Studios, 3020 N. Lincoln, Chicago, Illinois 60657. The exhibit will be a retrospective taken from the past few years. This is when the 'LoveLights' really found their form with the hidden names and words designs. 'LoveLights' (personalized mandalas) are being collected from private collections for this exclusive exhibit. I am also busy creating new pieces that will be seen for the first time on opening night. 'Transformation' is the inspiration for some of these new works. Several pieces will be available for purchase. The exhibit will run from June 18th thru July 17th, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear about all you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about the artist reception in June at the Envision Gallery, Kasia. Your work is truly unique.

    ReplyDelete