Yesterday a group of SAQAIL/WI members met at the Art Institute of Chicago. Laura Wasilowski, Judy Coates Perez, Gwyned Trefethen, BJ Parady, Frieda Anderson, Cheryl Steber, Pat Bishop, and Jean Phister gathered at the new Contemporary Wing Entrance to visit the Matisse Exhibit. We convened at 10:45 a.m and proceed to the exhibit. We wandered through the art wings prior to the exhibit and then enjoyed the exhibit itself.
After wards we gravitated to the cafeteria for a much needed lunch.
During lunch the conversation drifted all over the place and finally we held an informal SAQAIL/WI meeting.
Items of discussion where:
1. A regional member show, Tentatively titled*/ Material Ways/*,
being held at the Fine Line in St. Charles, IL opening in
January 2011. Laura will be sending out a prospectus to all
2. SOFA volunteers are needed for the fall show this year. Please
email one of us to volunteer.
3. Proposed a SAQA meeting in Madison at Quilt Expo in September-
Frieda will arrange time and place.
4. A follow button needs to be added to the SAQAIL/WI blog
5. Having Jane Dunewold do a workshop in 2011 or 2012 in
conjunction with PAQA.
6. Meeting adjourned 1:39 pm.
FUN was had by all.
We missed you if you weren't there.
Frieda, Cheryl, BJ, Gwend, Jean, Pat, Laura and Judy.