Today we got an email from Patricia Gould that Kathleen McCabe and Kathy Lichtendahl wanted this information pass on to member in our Region about an exhibition opportunity.
Theme: Homelessness exists all around the world. There are a myriad of
conditions that result in homelessness: poverty, unemployment, lack of
education, drug addiction, abandonment, mental illness, war and civil unrest,
along with man-made and natural disasters. This exhibit is taking a look at
homelessness in all its implications.
Curator: Kathleen McCabe
250 H Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
Eligibility and Guidelines:
• Entry is by digital images only (directions below).
• You may submit up to 3 entries.
• Quilts must be created after 2005 and not shown in a previous SAQA exhibition.
• Entries must be 24" - 40" width, and 48" maximum in length
• 3-D, free-standing works will NOT be accepted.
• Artwork must meet the SAQA definition of an art quilt: a contemporary artwork
exploring and expressing aesthetic concerns common to the whole range of visual
arts: painting, printmaking, photography, graphic design, assemblage and
sculpture, which retains, through materials or technique, a clear relationship to the
folk art quilt from which it descends.
• Artists are responsible for shipping and insurance to Kathleen McCabe in
Coronado, CA and for return shipping to their homes from the last venue. SAQA
will arrange to insure the artwork during the exhibitions and while it travels.
• Artwork MAY be for sale. SAQA will charge a 25% commission on all sales;
exhibiting venues may also charge a commission, but total commission will never
• Work MUST be available to travel for up to a year. Travel details to follow.
March 1, 2010 Call for entry
May 20 - June 20, 2010 Online entry open
June 20, 2010 Online Entry Deadline at 11:59 pm EST
June 25 - 30, 2010 Selection Process
June 30, 2010 Notification of acceptance
(All notifications will be forwarded via email)
July 25, 2010 Artwork to be RECEIVED in Coronado, CA
August 1, 2010 Quilts shipped to Manchester, NH
August 19, 2010 Exhibit opening
May 1, 2011 Exhibit closing
June 1, 2011 Return of work to Artists unless more venues are
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
During the online registration process (which will be open May 20, 2010) you will
be asked to provide artist information, a description of each piece and to upload
digital images: here is a checklist of what you will need to provide:
Artist’s First Name:
Artist’s Last Name:
Phone (include country code):
• Submit one overall DIGITAL image and one detail DIGITAL image for each
piece of artwork.
HOW TO SUBMIT DIGITAL IMAGES
• Save your digital images as a high quality JPEG file (No TIFF files).
Finished image should be 1800 pixels on the longest side.
• Label each digital image with first 1-3 words of the artwork title, no spaces and
no punctuation and indicate if detail or full. Examples: ScarabbbeetleFull.jpg or
Information about each piece:
Artist’s statement (25 words or less)
Size: height x width, in inches
Total Sale Price in Dollars (if for sale):
Insurance Value in Dollars:
Materials and Techniques (25 words or less)
You will be asked to agree with these Terms and Conditions:
I agree to loan my artwork to Studio Art Quit Associates, Inc. I understand that
the costs of insuring and shipping my artwork are my responsibility: I further
agree to permit the images of details image and/or all or part of my artist’s
statement to be used in the exhibit catalog, articles, ads, promotions, books,
websites, blogs, CD’s, current event news coverage, television productions,
and/or multi-media productions for and about exhibit or for and about the shows
at which the exhibit may be seen.
Fee: US$30 (22 €) for entry of up to 3 pieces. Members must pay their fees using
a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) though the SAQA website:
www.saqa.com – scroll down to the bottom of the page to “buy” a Jury Fee for